Sunday, September 28, 2008

An amazing year continues...

I can't believe how much I have learned in the past year. I feel like my brain is on hyper-drive. At the risk of being horribly, miserably trite and filled with cliches, life lately feels like peeling a huge, not-so-stinky onion - the more I peel the more that I find is there. And while I might cry a little, all in all it is rich and delicious.

This Ideablob contest is just the latest in a long line of learning experiences. We still have 48 hours until the contest is over. We have an email going out to the March Hare mailing list, an interview on Ecosalon.com, a Milkweed Mercantile Autumnal Equinox newsletter, a posting on the PAII forum, and an email to our personal mailing lists. And while I haven't completely given up, I suspect that the fat lady is about to sing and that we will lose spectacularly. But what I keep coming back to is this: is it really losing if over 400 wonderful people took time out of their lives and registered on a website that was sure to send them annoying emails in the future, and voted for us so that we could get a big pile of cash? Nope. It feels like winning, big time.

Helping me to wrangle all of this rampaging emotion into perspective is something I found on the blog of our friends over at the Permaculture Activist . It is the Incomplete Manifesto written by designer Bruce Mau . It is a wonderful, meaty, brain-expoloding conglomeration of ideas that I can hardly wait to get back to. Ooooh! Here goes. I expect I'll be commenting on this for days to come. And thanks for your support - whatever happens, we feel held in the loving, supportive embrace of friends like you.

No comments:


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com