Wednesday, October 1, 2008

...In which our hero finally gets a nap

Hello friends.

Ideablob is OVER! Yay! I cannot believe just how relieved and happy I am to be done with it! We still don't know who the winner is - it will be announced, as the Ideablob folks so succinctly put it in their email to me at 12:01 a.m. this morning, "sometime soon." I suspect that we'll be a very close second, which of course gets nothing except a tremendous outpouring of support and encouragement from a community of old and new friends, lots of fantastic attention focused on the good things that are happening here at Dancing Rabbit, and, um, fewer taxes.

I was appalled by how competitive I really am, and buoyed by how much I enjoyed reaching out, meeting new people, learning new technologies (let's be clear: I'm learning, NOT mastering!), brainstorming possibilities, and practiced articulating just what it is we're trying to do. I am finding launching a business to be one of the most creative things I have ever done - and I've had a pretty creative life!

Today I found this gem in Dani Norden's "One person can't feel that much at once! They'd explode!" blog:
"...And talking to my chiropractor about it (who's a holistic kinda gal), she mentioned that in times like this, you have a choice on how you exist in the universe. You're either a citizen of your country, a citizen of the world, a citizen of your family, or a citizen of yourself. And sometimes, when being a citizen of the world/country becomes so exhausting that it prevents you from functioning in other capacities, it's time to scale back a bit. Get back into yourself for a while."
She is a designer and visionary - check her out!

That's it for now. Time to make some hot pepper relish, go to the vet's to get Baloo some more thyroid pills, take a nap, clear a path through what used to be our bedroom but is now the Mercantile storage area, write over-due condolence cards...hmmmm, I'm a bit behind!

No comments:


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com