Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Secret Life of Baloo

Kurt and I run a "don't ask, don't tell" household - as long as Baloo is back in time for dinner we don't pry. Every once in awhile, though, I get a clue that there is much more to Baloo's life than I am aware of. For example, today I received this (from Liat) via email:

Sledding on Vista de la Moo, March 2008


Had I known he liked sledding we could have gotten him one of his own for Christmas. Thank goodness Thomas is willing to share his.

In other matters, I apologize for the lack of posts. One week ago tonight I was remembering (vividly) lines from Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion:

Michele: Ewwww...remember when we had Mexican food and I threw up...?

Romy: I hate throwing up.

Michele: (Gasping in delight at the synchronicity of their friendship) Me too!

Let's just leave it at that, and say that I'm feeling much better now, thank you!

And now that I'm fully recovered, I've been experimenting with new recipes. I made BREAD (yeah for me and my KitchenAid mixer!) and it was really good. Yesterday I made a cake that had bananas, chocolate chips, and walnuts. I think it was called Monkey Cake but the name has somehow morphed into Monkey Brain Cake, which is really quite catchy - I'm sure with a name like Monkey Brains we'll sell zillions of them at the Mercantile. Today I made Thomas Keller's version of Nutter Butter cookies. They look AND taste like the Savannah Girl Scout Cookies. They are pretty amazing.

OK. This is boring even ME, so I'm signing off for tonight. Ah, Saturday night in Rutledge, Missouri. Kinda makes you wish you were here, eh?

1 comment:

Amy Skyhouse said...

I don't know about anyone else, but *I* wish I was there!

Wait... I was there. ;D


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com