Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If Love Could Heal, She'd be Well

Last night the women of Dancing Rabbit gathered for a healing session with Tamar. We are under no illusions about our power to “cure” cancer, but remain optimistic that somehow we might make a difference.

Tamar lay on a comforter topped with a sumptuous paisley throw and many pillows on the floor of Jennifer’s home. We gathered around her, 15 strong, and laid our hands upon her. We chanted, sang, laughed, cried, and sent the healing power of love to her. If intention alone could heal, Tamar’s cancer would have moved on.

I have never done anything like this before. However, I am a massage therapist, and have often felt some sort of healing power flowing within my hands. If I pay attention I know where the pain is, and can work on the right areas to bring relief. I am not by nature very woo-woo or kumbya. Be that as it may, it was, and is, real. The power of touch is palpable, as is the power of love.

With all of this comes the acceptance that we do not know what path lies ahead for Tamar, and that in the end, all we can do is love her and wish her comfort, grace and peace on her journey.

I remain incredibly grateful for the way in which our community is dealing with Tamar’s illness. While we often founder in the day-to-day tasks of life, we are most excellent in a crisis. I hope that I can transfer this positive attitude to my everyday dealings, and that others will, also. The ripples will flow outward, and perhaps we will all hold on to this feeling, and remember what we are capable of accomplishing.

No comments:


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com