Friday, August 22, 2008

Ready, Set, Wait!

The Mercantile online store is open for buisiness! Yay! Hooray!

Here's a YouTube link that we put in our first newsletter expressing how we really feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

There is still so much to do. There were, of course, errors in the newsletter (ack!). Be we've learned good lessons, and are adding fabulous merchandise every day. I'm working on a press release. It is scary but fun. I don't know how artists do it - here is my heart and soul - love it or stomp on it, as you will.

today was DR land Clean Day. We're having our annual Open House September 13th, and are getting ready. Things are looking pretty good around here!

I keep mooching books from Bookmooch even though I have about 20 minutes to read each night (before I fall asleep and dream of Mercantile products and descriptions). The stack is getting higher and higher, and even falls over occasionally. What fun! (the book part, not the falling over part).

That's all for now. Gotta go do math and figure out percentages of markup. Some things about running a business are much more fun than others. Percentages? Guess what category THAT falls under? Here's a hint: I flunked algebra twice in high school, and later went to art school.

2 comments:

marko467 said...

hey alline

can't wait to stroll around the mercantile with a cup of coffee and fresh bake good. in the meantime the spring green general store is the place to be in wisconsin for some tasty food and some eclectic items

Anonymous said...

the video is too funny, and if I can sense anything about all that you are, describes perfectly what you have just accomplished!

Congratulations!

My algebra teacher had dentures that didn't fit quite right and she smelled really funny. At one point my sophomore year she looked at me and said - you really don't know this stuff do you? ( the basics like division - I had skipped doing since the 3rd grade - and gotten away with it!) it's because of her that I can at least balance my checkbook

I too went on to study art and dance in college. I really studied boys instead. How that got me where I am today is beyond me


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com