Saturday, February 16, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise

"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome."
Samuel Johnson


My mother always said "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

I find the words of Dorothy Parker a bit more to my mood today "if you can't say anything nice, come sit next to me."

Ah, what a day. Being in community is the most difficult thing I've ever done. I often consider packing up my (considerable) bags and heading for the hills, or at least Bainbridge Island. But then the latest DR group photo flashes up on my screen saver and I remember all of the people I do like. And my dog wags his tail,


and the cat plops into my lap,



and friends drop by, and all the good stuff falls into place. Sigh.

No comments:


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com